Habitat for Humanity Brant-Norfolk is a non-profit organization working towards a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. We are a proud member of Habitat for Humanity Canada and part of a worldwide network that spans 93 countries. Internationally Habitat for Humanity has built over 600,000 homes and is now building a new home every 21 minutes. Today, Habitat Canada is a leading national nonprofit, with 56 local Habitats working in every province and territory. There are nearly 100 ReStores across Canada and more than 1,000 worldwide. Our ReStore covers 100% of our administrative costs and operates as a yearlong fundraiser.
Habitat for Humanity Brant-Norfolk serves hard working low income residents in the City of Brantford, Brant County and Norfolk County to help make affordable homeownership a reality. Through volunteer labour and donations of money and materials, Habitat Brant-Norfolk builds decent houses alongside homeowner (partner) families.
To date, there have been 22 Habitat homes built and another retrofitted in the City of Brantford and one Habitat home built in the City of Simcoe. Our commitment is to continue our building safe decent affordable housing in our surrounding communities. We can do this with community support!
Our Vision: A community where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home.
Our Mission: To change lives by providing safe and affordable housing for those in need in our community.
- ADVOCACY: We advocate on behalf of those who need safe, decent and affordable homes.
- COLLABORATION: We work with people and organizations to support and strengthen the impact we make on our communities.
- HOMEOWNERSHIP: We believe that homeownership promotes self-reliance and transforms lives.
- INCLUSIVENESS: We value diversity and strive to represent it through all aspects of our organization.
- INNOVATION: We find creative new ways to solve problems.
- STEWARDSHIP: We are committed to the highest level of accountability to our donors, volunteers and the communities we serve.
- VOLUNTEERISM: We celebrate the commitment and passion of our volunteers and donors working together.
We are always looking for families and volunteers. To learn more about these opportunities, please visit us at 80 Morton Ave E. in Brantford, 29 Park Rd in Simcoe give us a call at (519) 759-8600 in Brantford, (519) 426-8686 in Simcoe or e-mail us.