who we are
Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario Brant-Norfolk Chapter is one of 1,400 Habitat for Humanity affiliates worldwide sharing a common vision and social purpose.
A world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
We mobilize volunteers and communities to help working, lower income families build strength, stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership.
Habitat Heartland Brant-Norfolk
Originally founded in 1999 as Habitat for Humanity Brant, Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario Brant-Norfolk Chapter is a nonprofit housing organization that believes everyone deserves a safe and decent place to live. Habitat homeowners purchase their home by securing an affordable mortgage, through Habitat’s homeownership program. We build in Brantford, Brant County, and Norfolk County with the belief that housing is a human right and everyone deserves a safe and affordable place to call home. With the help of volunteers, donors, and community partners, we have built over 20 homes in Brantford, Norfolk County and Brant County for families in need of safe, decent, and affordable housing.
In support of our homebuilding, we operate retail home improvement stores called Habitat ReStore. Our locations in Brantford and Simcoe sell new and used donated home furnishings, appliances, and renovation materials to the public at a fraction of the original price. Habitat ReStore collects donations from the community, and proceeds from sales help cover the cost to build Habitat homes.
a new era in building community
Find out how you can partner with us today through volunteering, advocacy, and joining our generous donors. We keep our building costs lower through partnerships, volunteers and gifts in kind for materials. But before we even begin to build, we need cash support to cover the cost of land, government fees and development costs. Everyone can do something today to help make a difference in their community.
We are always looking for families and volunteers. To learn more about these opportunities, please visit us at either 80 Morton Ave East in Brantford or 29 Park Road in Simcoe, give us a call at 519-759-8600 (Brantford) or 519-426-8686 (Simcoe), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Habitat Heartland Brant-Norfolk:
2019 07 11 Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario Brant-Norfolk Chapter Backgrounder
our core values:
- ADVOCACY: We advocate on behalf of those who need safe, decent and affordable homes.
- COLLABORATION: We work with people and organizations to support and strengthen the impact we make on our communities.
- HOMEOWNERSHIP: We believe that homeownership promotes self-reliance and transforms lives.
- INCLUSIVENESS: We value diversity and strive to represent it through all aspects of our organization.
- INNOVATION: We find creative new ways to solve problems.
- STEWARDSHIP: We are committed to the highest level of accountability to our donors, volunteers and the communities we serve.
- VOLUNTEERISM: We celebrate the commitment and passion of our volunteers and donors working together.