who we are
Habitat for Humanity Brant-Norfolk is one of 1,400 Habitat for Humanity affiliates worldwide sharing a common vision and social purpose.
A world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
We mobilize volunteers and communities to help working, lower income families build strength, stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership.
Founded in 1999, Habitat Brant-Norfolk is a nonprofit housing organization that believes everyone deserves a safe and decent place to live. Habitat homeowners purchase their home by securing an affordable mortgage, through Habitat’s homeownership program. We build in Brantford, Brant County, and Norfolk County with the belief that housing is a human right and everyone deserves a safe and affordable place to call home. With the help of volunteers, donors, and community partners, we have built over 20 homes in Brantford and Simcoe for families in need of safe, decent, and affordable housing.
In support of our homebuilding, we operate retail home improvement stores called Habitat ReStore. Our locations in Brantford and Simcoe sell new and used donated home furnishings, appliances, and renovation materials to the public at a fraction of the original price. Habitat ReStore collects donations from the community, and proceeds from sales help cover the cost to build Habitat homes.
a new era in building community
Find out how you can partner with us today through volunteering, advocacy and joining our generous donors. We keep our building costs lower through partnerships, volunteers and gifts in kind for materials. But before we even begin to build, we need cash support to cover the cost of land, government fees and development costs.
Everyone can do something today to help make a difference in their community.
We are always looking for families and volunteers. To learn more about these opportunities, please visit us at either 80 Morton Ave E. in Brantford or 29 Park Rd in Simcoe, give us a call at (519) 759-8600 (Brantford) or (519) 426-8686 (Simcoe), or email us at email@example.com
Learn more about Habitat Brant-Norfolk:
2019 07 11 Habitat for Humanity Brant-Norfolk Backgrounder
Our Vision: A community where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home.
Our Mission: To change lives by providing safe and affordable housing for those in need in our community.
- ADVOCACY: We advocate on behalf of those who need safe, decent and affordable homes.
- COLLABORATION: We work with people and organizations to support and strengthen the impact we make on our communities.
- HOMEOWNERSHIP: We believe that homeownership promotes self-reliance and transforms lives.
- INCLUSIVENESS: We value diversity and strive to represent it through all aspects of our organization.
- INNOVATION: We find creative new ways to solve problems.
- STEWARDSHIP: We are committed to the highest level of accountability to our donors, volunteers and the communities we serve.
- VOLUNTEERISM: We celebrate the commitment and passion of our volunteers and donors working together.